Floral Design Series - Advanced (Wedding & Events) Starting October 2024
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
THE PERFECT COURSE TO HELP YOUR FLORISTRY CAREER EXPAND INTO THE WORLD OF WEDDINGS AND EVENTS.
Spring 2024 – Commences Oct 17th 2024
Be inspired, learn the skills and expand your knowledge to establish a sustainable flower business within the wedding and event world. Through this course, you'll gain a deeper knowledge of design and learn how to navigate pricing, understand the ins and outs of event floristry and enhance your sustainable floristry knowledge.
Led by Jess Connor, Creative Director and Founder of Poppy & Fern, you'll have the opportunity to go behind the scenes of one of Australia's leading farmer florists and learn the craft of sustainable floristry.
Over this 10 session journey, you build your design skills, along with mastering the fundamentals required to grow a sustainable flower business.
IN THIS PROGRAM YOU WILL
- Build your knowledge of sustainable floristry and understand its importance
- See first-hand how to harvest and care for your cut flowers to maximise the shelf life and ensure they are at their peak at the time of your function, as well as how to source flowers, floral sundries and other materials
- Learn how to work with the seasons to plan and organise flowers for events throughout the year.
- Enhance your design skills and learn how to work with colour and texture, further exploring your own design style and aesthetic
- Learn how to communicate with Clients and couples, quote and book an Event and navigate the layers of an event flower business
- Learn to price your designs and work to a specific floral design brief/quote
- Design mechanics and considerations for creating handheld bouquets
- New design mechanics and sustainable design techniques for foam-free arrangements
- Design ideas and techniques to create large-scale installations for both ceremony and reception spaces
- Spend the day with a local florist to see first-hand how a wedding works behind the scenes (optional)
- How to pack and deliver flowers on the big day
- Set the foundation for understanding the business of flowers and making money
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
This course is perfect if you're looking to expand your floristry career into wedding and events or want to start your own flower business. Basic floral knowledge and experience are needed for this course as we will be exploring more advanced techniques.
This course is built up by 10 sessions and we'll come together every Thursday 9:30 am - 3 pm at The Farm, Byron Bay and the last week will be Wednesday and Thursday. The goal of the course is to give you the skills you need to build your career in Event floristry or set up your own flower business.
Investment $3249 Please note these are Early bird prices and only available until August 1st after this there will be a 20% increase to $3898.80
(We do offer a payment plan option. Pay $1249 deposit to book your place then $200 each week during the course. Please email email@example.com to arrange.)
- Everything you need to get started including but not limited to an apron, notebook, floral sundries commonly used & extra goodies for your toolkit.
- In-depth 10 session curriculum covering the fundamentals of wedding and event floristry in Australia.
- Behind-the-scenes access to our Flower Field. Every week we'll walk the field and harvest directly from our own flowers.
- Group bus excursion to Brisbane Flower Market, including visits to wholesalers and neighbouring flower farms (includes breakfast). We'll also discuss foraging and sourcing ingredients in your own backyard.
- An abundance of florals, foliage and botanicals to design with each week and take home
- a selection of our favourite vases and vessels
- At the end of the course we will celebrate the completion of the course together with a champagne brunch
- Private Community - all students to attend a workshop or course with Poppy & Fern have access to our private community
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU ON DAY 1
Please wear comfortable, casual clothes and closed-in shoes. Bring along some pens, a notebook, an open mind and a big smile. Lunch is not included but we will stop for a lunch break. Bring your own or purchase a quick bite from Three Blue Ducks (there will not be enough time to go into Byron).
All classes are small and intimate giving you the confidence and support needed to grow as a designer. You will receive lots of one on one time with Jess, so you can ask questions and master your skills.
Adding product to your cart