Floral Design Series - Beginner (Retail) Starts July 25th
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
THE PERFECT INTRODUCTION TO DESIGNING AND CREATING A CAREER WITH FLOWERS, SUSTAINABLY.
Spring 2024 – Commences July 25th
Be inspired, learn the skills and build your knowledge to set the foundation for sustainable floral design. This course is focused on Retail Floristry and you'll learn the fundamentals of floral design as well as develop the skills you need to work within a floristry environment.
The 10-week course provides you with hands-on training, expert education and the best tips and tricks for practical floral design. Led by Jess Connor, Creative Director and Founder of Poppy & Fern, you'll have the opportunity to go behind the scenes of one of Australia's leading farmer florists and learn the craft of sustainable floristry.
IN THIS PROGRAM YOU WILL:
- Learn the basics of flower harvesting, flower conditioning & care so you can maximise the shelf life of your flowers
- Understand how to plan for and work with Mother Nature and all four seasons of flowers
- Cover the foundations of considering colour, texture and creating your own design style and aesthetic
- Build the skills you need to create hand-held bouquets
- Explore new mechanics and design techniques for foam-free arrangements
- Learn how to communicate with customers and navigate the layers of retail floristry
- Pricing your designs and working to a specific floral brief
- Option to spend the day working in the Poppy & Fern store (or other local florist) to see behind the scenes in how it all works
- Explore different business models and options to work in the industry
- Learn the principles of sustainable floristry, understand why it's important and how we can pass this information on to our customers
- Connect with local growers and understand how to work with wholesalers
Each week will include detailed instructions and opportunities for hands-on learning.
WHAT MAKES THIS PROGRAM SPECIAL?
Poppy & Fern is leading the way in sustainable floristry in Australia. Even better, we grow our own flowers, giving you unprecedented access to the full flora experience. We live our farm to vase ethos and we'll share that whole experience with you through this beginner's course.
Even if you're not sure you want to grow your own flowers, learning about seasonality and seeing the flower field up close and personal takes your learning to a new level.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
If you love the idea of working with flowers but aren't sure where to start, this program is for you! Whether you're a flower lover wanting a new hobby or are interested in pursuing a career in sustainable floral design, this is the place for you here. No experience is required.
This is a 10-week course and we'll come together every Thursday 9:30 am - 3 pm, at The Farm, Byron Bay. The goal of the program is to prove practical, hands-on experience.
Investment $1847 upfront Please note these are Early bird prices and only available until June 1st after this there will be a 20% increase to $2216.40
(We do offer a payment plan option. Pay $847 deposit to book your place then $100 each week during the course. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.)COURSE INCLUSIONS
- Everything you need to get started including but not limited to apron, notebook, floral sundries & toolkit.
- In-depth 10-week curriculum covering the fundamentals of sustainable floristry in Australia.
- Behind the scenes access to our Flower Field. Every week we'll walk the field and harvest directly from our own flowers.
- Group excursion to Brisbane Flower Market, including visits to wholesalers and a neighbouring flower farms. We'll also discuss foraging and sourcing ingredients in your own backyard.
- An abundance of florals, foliage and botanicals to design with each week and take home
- At the end of the course, you'll be given a Certificate of Completion and we'll celebrate the completion of the course together
- Private Facebook Community - all students to attend a workshop or course with Poppy & Fern have access to our private community
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU ON DAY 1
Please wear comfortable, casual clothes and closed-in shoes. Bring along some pens, a notebook, an open mind and a big smile. Lunch is not included but we will stop for a lunch break. Bring your own or purchase a quick bite from Three Blue Ducks (there will not be enough time to go into Byron).
All classes are small and intimate giving you the confidence and support needed to grow as a designer. You will receive lots of one on one time with Jess, so you can ask questions and master your skills.
Adding product to your cart