Grow Summer Flowers – Live Online Course [4 Weeks]
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
THE PERFECT INTRODUCTION TO GROWING SUSTAINABLE SUMMER FLOWERS.
Get your hands dirty and experience that magic of growing flowers from seed. Join Jess in this four-week program, as she guides you through the fundamentals of growing summer flowers, sustainably.
Be inspired, learn the skills and build your knowledge while you establish an abundant cutting garden in your own backyard (or balcony).
Jess will share her love and passion for growing cut flowers, focused on six of her summer favourites.
THIS COURSE WILL TEACH YOU
- Which flowers grow best in your area
- When to start planting
- Building a garden bed from the ground up or growing in pots, plant layout and spacing
- Germination from seed
- How to look after seedlings
- Watering, irritation and keeping plants healthy
- Plus, learn Jess' favourite tips and tricks to encourage plants to give off as many flowers as possible.
All techniques and tasks will be demonstrated carefully and will be fun for all ability levels.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
If you love the idea of creating a cutting garden but aren't sure where to start, this program is for you!
Each week, Jess will provide a summary of step-by-step actions, broken down into achievable tasks so you can follow along.
By the end of this four-week program, you will have a selection of seedlings you have raised from seed, an area prepared and ready to plant out and the confidence to look after your plants, giving you an abundance of flowers for summer.
Whether you're a flower lover wanting to grow flowers in your backyard or a florist looking to enhance your existing designs this is the place for you!
OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN PARTICIPANTS ONLY
This course runs for four week, kicking off early October 2021. The goal of the program is to provide you with the tools and actions you need to create a beautiful summer cutting garden.
- Course Package – 5 packets of seeds of our favourite summer flowers + 2 dahlia tubers, 2 x 198 Seed trays, as well as the ingredients needed to make seed raising mix and Seed Starting Checklist
- 4 Week Curriculum – each week we'll email you a prerecorded demonstration, summary of tasks to complete, and flower profiles
- 4 Weeks of Live Zoom sessions – Join Jess each week, ask questions, get support where you need it most (calls are recorded if you cannot join live).
- Private Facebook Community – ask questions and get support through the four week program
Before We Begin - Your Vision & Plan
What’s your dream? Why do you want to grow flowers? Do you have a balcony, a backyard or an acre? Is this a hobby or a business? Before you break ground or even pick up that seed catalogue we need to get clear around your vision.
Week 1 - Raise & Grow
Finally it’s time to start planting. Here we look at starting from seed in seed trays, direct seeding, looking after baby plants and when to transplant them out into the ground.
Week 2 - Design & Build
This is where your design starts to come to life. We layout your area and start to build garden beds. We discuss planting in pots, no dig beds and healthy soil
Week 3 - Dahlias & Summer Favourites
No summer cutting garden is complete without the show stealing Dahlia so this week week we focus on all the things dahlia tubers. We talk Digging up, dividing and storing tubers over winter before going into, how to plant and look after for the summer. we will also discuss the flower profiles of our other summer favourites.
Week 4 - Plant & Harvest
Your plants in the ground, they are healthy and they are flowering! They are so beautiful but what now? this week we will go over the best ways to harvest and care for your cut flowers to ensure highest quality and the longest vase life. We will also cover tips and tricks to keep plants flowering for longer and how to get as many blooms as possible.
Ticket sales will be from 4th - 25th Sept or until sold out
Adding product to your cart